We Create Meaningful Moments Every Day
Palm Beach’s specialized memory care program, serves those living with Alzheimer’s and related dementias as well as other forms of brain and neurological disorders. We offer dedicated support for your loved one in their own private apartment with private bathroom, designed for maximum independence. The community is spacious and comfortable and just feels like home. Memory Care at Palm Beach feature inviting common areas as well as safe and secure outdoor courtyards so when families visit there’s plenty of space for everyone.
Highly trained, compassionate care professionals at Palm Beach understand the unique challenges that residents and their families are facing. Providing exceptional care in a safe and secure environment is job 1. All staff undergo specialized training and education above and beyond that of a typical assisted living community. An in-depth review of a resident’s history and current abilities is done to develop a care plan program tailored to the individual needs of each person, allowing us to honor their uniqueness that makes everyone an individual and give them the very best care. There is no, one size fits all approach at Palm Beach.
Who We Serve
We serve residents living with different types of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s, vascular dementia, Parkinson’s, Lewy body, and many others. We provide 24-hour nursing care, which allows residents to age in place while maintaining treatment such as sliding-scale insulin management. In addition, we cater to our residents’ abilities, focusing on what they are able to accomplish instead of what they can longer accomplish. This approach allows us to engage memory care residents while maintaining their dignity and allowing them to thrive.
How Do We Make It Successful?
- We take the time to learn about each resident’s past and present to create more purposeful programming.
- Each activity utilizes Parallel Programming allowing for residents with different needs, interests, and abilities to partake in activities that foster a feeling of success.
- We give all staff members permission to make every day activities meaningful and not just tasks that need to be checked off of a list. We really know our staff members and their individual interests, so this freedom provides them constant opportunities to adapt activities by taking advantage of their individual competencies. Everyone benefits and our team members feel a sense of pride in sharing their interests and talents.
- We take into account opportunities for sensory stimulation focusing on sight, smell, temperature, touch, and hearing, to create more meaningful communication with our residents as well as reducing behaviors and agitation.
- To insure our methods are inspired and cutting edge, our programs are researched based and our staff training incorporates lessons learned from national certification programs, such as the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.